28 April 2008

124. Ordained Female Interfaith Minister In California

I'm attending a fundraising dinner at work. Hillary arrives at the very end and wows us all. She is personable and friendly, but I wonder, Why is Hillary Clinton here?

Then everything ends and we begin cleaning up. Hillary jumps in and takes out the trash, then starts putting away the folding chairs. I am very impressed that she is doing this "dirty work."

At last she takes me aside and says very earnestly, I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that harassment stuff at your work. (I recently left a job due to a hostile work environment.)

She spoke in such a genuine and honest way, holding my shoulders and looking into my eyes. I was deeply touched by this, both in the dream and as I remember the feeling now.

No comments: